The purpose of positions in this classification is to ensure that customers are provided with the proper assistive technology devices, products and services to meet their needs.
This listing is not to be construed as all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Performs customer assessments at facility or at customer homes. Assesses the customer’s mode of mobility, mobility skills and mobility needs for different environments. Identifies the customer’s daily activities. Measures and fits customers for equipment based upon assessment information.
• Educates customers on assistive technology product options, insurance guidelines and the process of obtaining devices.
• Researches and compiles product options. Configures unusual product for individuals with unique or complex seating and mobility needs.
• Demonstrates equipment as needed and as available.
• Prepares necessary documentation such as order forms, quotes, product information, justification letters, etc. Conducts follow-up to obtain necessary documentation including physician authorizations. Maintains contact with customers, referral sources, etc.
• Generates set-up guidelines.
• Drives to customer homes for delivery of equipment. Loads and unloads equipment; Delivers and picks up equipment; Sets up and modifies equipment for customers needs.
• Performs final fittings upon delivery. Trains customers, caregivers, family members and others in the use and maintenance of the equipment.
• Provides follow-up support to customers to ensure that equipment meets their needs and to answer questions.
Minimum Education & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent with vocational training in a health related field and one to two years assistive technology service, preferably in a home health environment or any education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
Assistive Technology Professional (ATP) certification required.
Must maintain a valid Wisconsin driver’s license, safe driving record, proof of current auto insurance, and access to a car in good working condition.
Additional Salary Information: commensurate with experience
Home Health United (HHU) offers an integrated and comprehensive variety of home health services and products to communities throughout southern Wisconsin. We are dedicated to helping people remain as healthy, safe and independent as possible in their own home setting.
HHU is a nonprofit organization and United Way agency serving southern Wisconsin. We are Medicare/Medicaid certified and accept ...a wide variety of health plans. The organization is made up of four companies:
Home Health United (home health, palliative care, hospice)
Home Care United (home medical equipment)
Xtra Care (infusion pharmacy, community health services, Meals On Wheels, SAFE at Home, and VoiceCare)
HHU – VNS Foundation (fundraising)
Our team of professionals offers a range of services to meet almost any home health care need from pediatrics to geriatrics. Our more than 450 employees have been carefully screened and trained so patients and their families will feel comfortable, safe and secure as they provide care in the home.